Choice of Games have announced two new World Of Darkness Interactive Fiction novels. One is set in the world of Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and the other is Hunter: The Reckoning.
Check out the original tweet thread for the announcement!
It’ll allow people to create their own werewolf, shape-shift among different forms, and forge your path. You’ll be able to build your own pack, and rebuild the werewolf nation.
Here’s just a few gameplay elements from the Steam Listing:
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary; befriend or romance werewolves and humans of all genders.
- Shapeshift among five forms to slaughter your enemies, or outwit them to take what you need.
- Choose your auspice (moon-sign) and your werewolf tribe to learn what sort of monster you are.
- Claim your territory and heal the spirits there to unlock Gifts that let you summon animals, control the elements, or enter the spirit world.
- Face mutated monsters and corrupt spirits in the dark woods and decaying factory towns of rural New England.
“Hunter: The Reckoning — The Beast of Glenkildove” is also coming to Steam.
You can wishlist it on Steam here. This World Of Darkness Interactive Fiction novel puts you in the role of a hunter, hunting down The Beast of Glenkildove.
The novel takes place in Ireland, and is written by William Brown. Here’s the premise for the story:
“Eight years ago, when you were eighteen, the Beast of Glenkildove killed one of your closest friends. You’ve never returned to Ireland since that day.
It’s difficult to remember what happened. As you’ll soon learn, the human mind blots out the traumatic memories of facing a werewolf.”
Here’s a list of gameplay features from the Steam listing:
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary; befriend or romance humans and supernaturals of any gender
- Kill, study, capture, document or negotiate with the creatures you hunt
- Craft your own traps, gear, and weapons to take the Hunt to the enemy
- Find camaraderie and romance with the only people in the world that you can trust to fight alongside you
- Adopt and train your own wolfhound to assist you in the Hunt
- Build and maintain your own safehouse at the Wolf’s Head Inn in the Wicklow Mountains
These novels should also be coming out on Choice Of Games’ web platform, as well as Android and iOS.
This is huge news if you’re a fan of Choice of Game’s previous World Of Darkness novels such as Vampire: The Masquerade – Sins Of The Sires.
Choice of Game’s interactive novels flesh out the lore of the world, and explore the universe in a creative way. It’s perfect for any fan of the IP.