Ready to get your space on? In Joey Jones’s new interactive novel, Lies Under Ice, you’ll be leading the first settlement on Jupiter’s frozen moon—Europa.
Check out the Lies Under Ice launch trailer!
This interactive novel throws you forward into the year 2079 with one mission—build a settlement on Europa. You’ll terraform the alien moon, explore its oceans, and send the findings back to Earth.
While building the faction, you’ll have to deal with inner-colony politics, constantly on the brink of conflict.
Will the colony you built be a success? Or will it be lost to the freezing moon? Could it be a new home for Earth’s ever-growing population?
Here’s a full list of features from the novel’s listing:
- Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, or aromantic; poly or monogamous.
- Choose among six distinct professional backgrounds: diplomat, aerospace engineer, arcologist, asteroid miner, pilot, or marine biologist.
- Manage the complex needs of an extraterrestrial base: prioritize the comfort of the workers, maximize scientific output, build luxury domes, dig mazes of ice tunnels, or engage in terraforming.
- Navigate the treacherous politics of Earth’s squabbling factions from millions of miles away!
- Interact with Europa’s alien ecosystem: will you release fish as a sustainable food source, bring along cats for companionship, or rely on synthetic creatures to avoid introducing invasive species?
- Run for office in Europa’s fledgling government!
Discover alien life, delve beneath the ice, and take to the stars in Lies Under Ice! Out now on Steam, Android, iOS, and Web. If you haven’t been keeping up to date with Choice of Games, they also recently released Atlantis Academy!
Looking to stay updated on the latest in interactive fiction? Join our weekly email newsletter for the newest releases and reviews.