The Day After Ever After is an interesting spin on a classic fairy tale! You play as either Cinderella or her darling prince, in a fantasy world.
You’ll get to explore a fantasy world, which takes off where the original Cinderella story did! The story from here is all dependent on your choices…
Whether you want to take over the throne, tear down the monarchy—or even start a revolution! Nearly anything you can think of.
Here’s all the details from the interactive novel’s page.
- Choose between Cinderella and the prince as your main character: each has a set of three romantic interests unique to their playthrough.
- Customize the name for your character and their spouse through a list of preset options, or create your own!
- Lead armies, navigate the complex relationships of a royal court, and seize every opportunity you can to make your mark in this fantastical world!
- Finally give that snooty stepmother her comeuppance by framing her for treason!
- Uncover numerous endings that range from comedic to shocking: will you end up in a noose for mocking the king once too often, resist temptation and find a new life as a demonhunter, or defy natural law and rule for centuries? These and dozens more possibilities await you.
- Unlock fifty achievements to commemorate everything from warping reality to eating an endangered species!
- Live in the aftermath of a world where wishes come true!
The novel is published under the Hosted Games label. It’s a huge change from Matt Simpson’s usual work, but it’s getting great reviews so far!
If you’re in the mood for some more fantastical medieval works, we recommend checking out Heroes Of Book & Paper!
The Day After Ever After is also playable online! As well as playable for free. It’s currently sitting at over 500+ downloads on the Google Play Store.